From your website to your social media, digital marketing delivers better consumer engagement and improves sales across all channels. Here are five great reasons to focus on your digital marketing in 2021.
1) Get Your Wines in Front of the Right People: When you have a better understanding of who your audience is and what they are most interested in, you can develop effective, high impact content and deliver it to the right people.
2) Meet Your Customers Online: According to the US Department of Commerce, 224.5 million Americans shopped online in 2019 and that number is expected to grow to 230.5 million in 2021. By engaging with your audience online, you will help build trust and brand equity.
3) Compete on a Level Playing Field: The relatively low costs and high reach of digital allows even small businesses to compete with global brands. Good content on your website and social media channels can generate tens of thousands of viewers compared to expensive, traditional marketing campaigns. For example, Food and Wine Magazine, an industry touchstone, reaches 8 million people in it’s print circulation. When you compare that to the publication’s total footprint of 29 million across all digital and print platforms, you can see that print accounts for just 27% of the total audience. 73% of the Food and Wine devotees are online. 
4) Track Your ROI More Closely: Digital marketing allows you to more fully understand who your customers are, where they are coming from and what they are most interested in. By carefully studying your website’s analytics and regularly reviewing your social media metrics, you can develop stories and content that your audience will love and engage with.
5) Increase Your Profit Margin By Spending Less: Traditional advertising in print or broadcasting may provide good reach, but provides very broad information as to ROI. Experiential marketing, like wine tastings are a great way to connect with your audience, but they are expensive and offer relatively low reach. Focusing on digital marketing allows you to more effectively target the audiences you want to connect with and spend your marketing budget more effectively.
Investing your resources in digital marketing will help you reach the right audience, compete on a larger scale and increase your bottom line in 2021!